PDA

View Full Version : LODD- Timothy J. Bissett, Monclair Fire Department

CAFF.com
02-28-2010, 13:17
http://www.cafirefoundation.org/tasks/sites/cff/assets/Image/Bissett_copy.jpg

It is with great sorrow that the City of Montclair Fire Department announces the passing of Deputy Fire Marshal Timothy J. Bissett on Saturday, February 20th of occupational cancer. He was 58 years old.

In 1979, Tim began his career with the City of Montclair as an intern. He was hired full-time in 1981 as a Fire Inspector for the Montclair Fire Department. In 1990, he was reclassified to Deputy Fire Marshal.

Tim had great enthusiasm for his career and did an excellent job of training and leading other Fire Inspectors. He enjoyed coming to work in the morning and found gratification working in the Fire Prevention Bureau. Tim's knowledge and experience were extremely beneficial and he was always the "go to guy" for code interpretation and plan checking. Tim was also one of the Department's Arson Investigators and worked with the Montclair Police Department on several arson investigations. His efforts and experience were invaluable. Tim performed his duties in an outstanding manner and was dedicated to the Department.

Tim enjoyed golfing, fishing, and playing poker. He was an avid fan of UCLA football, attending home games regularly with his fiancee.

Time is survived by his siblings, Michael Bissett, Lori-Anne Bissett-Schleppenbach, and Todd Bissett; his children Emily Ann Bissett (27), Sarah Bissett-Martinez (24), and Lance Corporal Jonathon Bissett, USMC (19). He was looking forward to the birth of his first grandchildren (twin boys) due in March. He is also survived by his fiancee, Susana

BS1981
02-28-2010, 16:34
Tim has been around me since I was born, My dad being retired Montclair Fire. He was a great guy and will be missed dearly. RIP Tim