PDA

View Full Version : LODD-Christopher Douglas, Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire (Updated 11/17/15)

mardrjc
07-05-2013, 17:54
http://www.kesq.com/image/view/-/26392914/medRes/1/-/maxh/360/maxw/640/-/qvc7he/-/060814-douglas-memorial-jpg.jpg

Riverside - CAL FIRE Fire Apparatus Engineer/Paramedic Christopher Douglas, 41, of Temecula was fatally injured while responding to a traffic collision along Interstate 10 near the Thousand Palms area in Riverside County. He was an eight year veteran of CAL FIRE. The CAL FIRE / Riverside County Fire Department fire engine was on Interstate 10 near Monterey Ave, when the employee was struck by a passing vehicle.
Douglas was transported to Desert Regional Hospital but sadly the injuries were fatal.

His career spanned over 9 1/2 years with eight years service credit as a veteran firefighter for CAL FIRE. Engineer Douglas is survived by his wife, Amy, and two year-old son, Samuel "Sammy". Christopher is also survived his siblings, Martin Douglas and family of Colorado Springs, Heather Douglas of Denver, mother, Rose Porter of Colorado Springs, and his in-laws, Ronald and Sheryl Aitken of Newport Beach, and sister in law Jessica Carroll & her family of Costa Mesa, and sister in law Veronica Herrington and family from Newport Beach.

Normbc9
07-06-2013, 20:29
Thank you Mark. This has to be another reminder to all of us. It can happen anywhere and in any setting. I too ask for God to keep us all safe in our service to the public. RIP!
Normbc9

BadKitty
07-06-2013, 22:10
Everyone's been saying such nice things about Chris. It sounds like he had a positive impact on all he worked with.

Support to the Douglas family and CAL Fire RRU/RVC.

BK

Admin
11-17-2015, 23:18
This original posting has been properly edited and a recent update is listed below-

On Thursday, November 19, the City of La Quinta will hold a dedication ceremony at Fire Station No. 32 to rename it to the "Christopher Douglas Memorial Fire Station." The ceremony, which is open to the public, will be held at 2:00 p.m. at Fire Station 32, located at 78-111 Avenue 52 in La Quinta.
Along with spending countless hours giving back to the community by training the volunteer fire company, Firefighter Douglas also worked with the Explorer Post and trained the Community Emergency Response Team. He was a dedicated member of his team and "always went the extra mile," according to Battalion Chief Alex Gregg.

"I am very proud of the City of La Quinta for dedicating Fire Station 32 in honor of our departed Fire Apparatus Engineer/ Paramedic Christopher Douglass," said Riverside County Fire Chief, John R. Hawkins. "Christopher was truly a public servant always wanting to do what is right for the right reason. He was a tremendous family man. Unfortunately, Christopher gave his live in the line of duty. This is a very fitting recognition."
Douglas was killed in July 2013 when he was hit by a pickup truck along the eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Monterey, while responding to a rollover crash.
Douglas' widow, Amy Douglas, requested the name change, and was supported by the La Quinta Fire Department and CalFire. The dedication ceremony will include speeches from local dignitaries along with the unveiling of the new name.

"The decision to rename Fire Station 32 in memory of Christopher Douglas was easy - and unanimous," added Linda Evans, mayor of the City of La Quinta. "Chris dedicated eight years to the La Quinta community at FS32. He was a model firefighter, dedicated to his team and our city, and had a passion for helping and serving others."www.kesq.com/news/Fallen-firefighter-Christopher-Douglas-honored-with-namesake-station-in-La-Quinta/36475940 (http://www.kesq.com/news/Fallen-firefighter-Christopher-Douglas-honored-with-namesake-station-in-La-Quinta/36475940)

chiefjack
11-18-2015, 22:43
Condolences to Engineer Douglas' family, friends, and his CalFire Family.

BigDaddyFire
11-21-2015, 15:49
TOPHER!!!!!

Firebird
11-23-2015, 05:45
My heart is broken for his wife and young son.

BigDaddyFire
07-06-2016, 20:29
In Memory

BigDaddyFire
07-06-2016, 20:57
I think we do....Today was the third anniversary of the death of my friend...just wanted to post it up...

BadKitty
07-06-2016, 21:32
RIP Chris!